Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Introduction

Hello class. My name is Reanne Asbury. I'm 20 years old, and I was born and raised in Jackson, MI. This is my third year in college; first year at Western. Right out of high school, I attended a tiny, private school in Greencastle, IN called DePauw University. It was too far from home, and much too expensive. I did, however, receive an amazing education during my time spent there, although the classes didn't seem to transfer to here! I also spent a year at Jackson Community College, which was most likely a waste of time, but they actually gave me money both semesters, so I can't complain too much. I'm an English major, and I hope to one day teach at a high school level. I think I would enjoy having intellectual conversations with my students, rather than what you would be certain to hear at a lower level. I have taken several upper-level English courses. However, my college writing class from DePauw didn't transfer as an actual class, so I have to take the most basic English course offered here. >:[

So, shall I get a little more personal? I have been a vegetarian for almost four and a half years. Prior to moving to Kalamazoo, I lived with my mom, my older twin sisters, and my dog and two cats. I love wolves, singing, and I am a self-proclaimed Diet Coke addict. My mom owns a bookstore, so I have grown up reading and it is one of my favorite past times. I play video games and WoW because I'm a closet nerd. But apparently not anymore... I just made that little tidbit public. Before transferring here, I worked as a Sales Associate at American Eagle and modeled for a photographer by the name of Dave Melges. He's stationed in Battle Creek, so some of you may have heard of him? This was one of my shoots.

I guess that's all for now?

2 comments:

Allen Webb said...

Reanne, Welcome to WMU! My wife is a vegetarian and we eat wonderful food -- very healthy.

Baby_Tweety05 said...

Hey Reanne, I hope your first year here will also be a great experience for you... But, I do have a question... What is WoW? I may just be a little slow but I'm just curious.