Thursday, December 11, 2008

Final Project

For my final project, I decided to create a curriculum, as I am planning on becoming a teacher. My focus is secondary education, so my curriculum is designed for a 12th grade classroom. I actually put a lot of time and effort into this project, and I had a lot of fun. It was encouraging to realize how much I enjoyed coming up with a book list, paper topics, a syllabus, etc. I definitely know that I am going into the correct field.

I decided to save trees and post my curriculum on a website. It can be found here.

Everything about my course, including the goals and course description, can be found on this website. Everything I could possibly write in this blog would just be a repeat of what is on the site. So go ahead, take a look, and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Allen Webb said...

Reanne, How exciting to see that the major and career you have chosen appear to be such a good fit. I am delighted about that. Good work with your website -- you can see how you could keep developing that. My main suggestion about your syllabus would be to order the books more historically -- put Equiano's narrative first and make a section on slavery before going to Things Fall Apart. That play might be hard for secondary. He has some other plays that may be better -- there is one I am thinking of and I just researched for it, but can't find it at the moment. When you teach this class let me know and I'll find it for you!

Anonymous said...

GOOD POST~~~~~~~~~~~~Support!!!!..................................................................